Behavioral Effects of Drugs (Inpatient): 40 [Methamphetamine, Methylphenidate, Duloxetine]
This study will evaluate the behavioral effects of methamphetamine during maintenance on placebo, duloxetine, methylphenidate and duloxetine combined with methylphenidate using sophisticated human laboratory methods.
- Methamphetamine Use Disorder
- Eligible Ages
- Between 18 Years and 55 Years
- Eligible Genders
- Accepts Healthy Volunteers
- recent use of inhaled (i.e., snorted), smoked or injected methamphetamine
- Abnormal screening outcome (e.g., ECG, blood chemistry result) that study physicians deem clinically significant.
- Current or past histories of substance use that are deemed by the study physicians to interfere with study completion.
- History of serious physical disease, current physical disease, impaired cardiovascular functioning, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, history of seizure or current or past histories of serious psychiatric disorder that in the opinion of the study physician would interfere with study participation will be excluded from participation.
- Females not currently using effective birth control.
- Contraindications to methamphetamine, methylphenidate, or duloxetine.
- Phase 1
- Study Type
- Intervention Model
- Factorial Assignment
- Primary Purpose
- Basic Science
- Triple (Participant, Care Provider, Outcomes Assessor)
Placebo Comparator: Placebo
|Subjects will be maintained on oral placebo. Subjects will be maintained on placebo and methylphenidate during placebo maintenance. Methamphetamine will be administered acutely during placebo maintenance. Placebo will be administered acutely during placebo maintenance.||
Active Comparator: Duloxetine
|Subjects will be maintained on oral duloxetine. Subjects will be maintained on duloxetine and methylphenidate during placebo maintenance. Methamphetamine will be administered acutely during duloxetine maintenance. Placebo will be administered acutely during duloxetine maintenance.||
UK Center for Clinical and Translational Science and nearby locations
- NCT ID
- Craig Rush
Study ContactFrances Wagner, RN