QP ExCELs: MultiPole Pacing (MPP) Sub-Study
The objective of this MultiPole Pacing (MPP) sub-study of the QP ExCELs study is to demonstrate that the MPP feature is effective by converting a percentage of cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) non-responders to responders. The MPP sub-study is a single-arm, multi-center, prospective trial within the ongoing QP ExCELs study (NCT02290028).
- Heart Failure
- Eligible Ages
- Over 18 Years
- Eligible Genders
- Accepts Healthy Volunteers
- Currently enrolled in the ongoing QP ExCELs study
- Successfully implanted with a BIOTRONIK Ilivia 7 HF-T QP family CRT-D system, or future-marketed CRT-D system with the MPP feature. Successful implantation is defined as having at least two LV pacing vectors with a measured pacing threshold of ≤ 5.0 V @ any pulse width (allowing for a minimum 2.5 V safety margin) without phrenic nerve stimulation at the final programmed pacing output at the time of enrollment into the MPP sub-study.
- CRT Responder Assessment classification as "Worsened" or "Unchanged"
- Standard continuous biventricular (BiV) pacing from implant until the 6-Month QP ExCELs follow-up visit. (Implant to 3-Month QP ExCELs follow-up who qualify due to a HF hospitalization event)
- Able to understand the nature of the sub-study and give informed consent
- Available for an additional follow-up visit specific to the MPP sub-study at the investigational site
- No evidence of non-compliance to their ongoing commitment in the QP ExCELs study
- Have a life expectancy of less than 6 months
- Expected to receive heart transplantation or ventricular assist device within 6 months
- Chronic atrial fibrillation
- Presence of another life-threatening, underlying illness separate from their cardiac disorder
- Received MPP pacing prior to enrolment into the MPP sub-study
- Study Type
- Intervention Model
- Single Group Assignment
- Primary Purpose
- None (Open Label)
|Traditional biventricular pacing CRT non-responders at the 3 or 6 month QP ExCELs study follow-up.||
- NCT ID
- Biotronik, Inc.